- Passenger WAVs
- Nearly New WAVs
- New WAVs
|Day of the Week||Opening hours|
|Monday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 16:00|
Motability Scheme support at Allied Mobility
Welcome to Motability Scheme at Allied Mobility
Our fully trained Motability Scheme specialists are here to help you choose a vehicle that meets your needs and gives you greater freedom, every day.
Allied Mobility can help you by:
- Confirming your eligibility for the Motability Scheme
- Supporting you in choosing the right vehicle and any adaptations you may need
- Arranging a demonstration and test drive to make sure the vehicle is right for you
- Ordering and supplying your new Motability Scheme vehicle
- Carrying out the annual check for the conversion elements of your WAV
- Facilitating the service and maintenance of your vehicle throughout your lease
Contact Allied Mobility on 08000885328 to make an appointment with their Motability Scheme specialist.
- All small WAVs will be fitted with a ramp for entry
- Usually have a lowered floor to give more headroom inside the vehicle and reduce the angle of the ramp
- At least one passenger seat in the rear, but usually seat no more than five people including the driver and wheelchair passenger
- These WAVs tend to feel the most similar to driving a standard car.
- Have more space than a small WAV which either means extra passenger seats, more room for equipment or a more flexible seating position.
- Like the Small WAVs, these vehicles will have more of a car-like feel in terms of size
- The wheelchair user can be positioned behind the second row of seats in the rear-most part of the car, but many conversions have options to sit further up in between the second row of rear seats.
- Based on larger vehicles and are the most common WAV for users with larger wheelchairs as their size allows more flexible seating arrangements
- Can carry up to nine passengers including the wheelchair user and driver
- Some conversions allow two wheelchair users
- The majority of medium-large WAVs are still fitted with a ramp, however if you need a lift these can sometimes be fitted, but you should be aware that there will be reduced head height in these cases.
- Based on the largest vehicles available on the Scheme and, in terms of size, are more like a commercial vehicle
- Good for larger families or those travelling in the largest or heaviest wheelchair
- All are fitted with a lift
- Most can be converted to allow for two wheelchair passengers, as well as space for other passengers in standard seats.